Bird Seed Cake Recipe (A Craft for Youth & Adults) Great as Gifts !
- 4 cups mixed bird seed
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 T. corn syrup
- cooking spray
- waxed paper
- cookie cutters (we used these)
- Combine birdseed, flour, water, and corn syrup in a mixing bowl.
- Spray cookies cutters and a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Using a spoon, pack the bird seed mixture into the cookie cutters.
- Use a piece of a chop stick, to poke a hole for the twine. (Leave the stick piece in the mixture)
- Let dry overnight. If the mixture is still wet, bake in the oven on the lowest setting for an hour or so.
- Hang outside for the birds!