“In the midst of winter, I discovered within me, an invincible summer.” - Albert Camus
It shouldn't be a stretch as we approach the winter's solstice to reflect on the year gone by.
Let us set out, on this turning of the season, to honor
the path that pointed the way, toward where we are, right now.
With this walk, while using photography, nature and
our breath, we can set out, after or during a storm, to craft a natural collage.
Photography allows us to honor the present moment by grounding creatively, into all our days.
Allow your heart space to step forward and then settle back into a pace toward home. You may feel inspired to send kindness to whatever you find along your return walk.
"When it rains, it pours. Maybe the art of life is to convert tough times to great experiences; we can choose to hate the rain or dance in it."
- Joan Marques
As a mantra this week, you might want to use Om Mani Padme Hum; maybe this is an old favorite for you or a new one to use.
A friend introduced me to this mantra. He used it as he cared for his wife, who was losing her memory, as a way to center and gather patience.
I have been using it when my mind won't leave me alone in one way or another.
In the vastness
of the old
along the tidal
from the dark,
waiting for ghosts
wondering if my own
have to wait in line
the house spirits
to announce themselves;
Asking us why
always keep a light
I leave a small energy
after I cross,
after waiting in line
worry so much
Meaning of Om Mani Padme Hum
· Om = the vibration or sound of the universe; represents divine energy and generosity and purifies the ego
· Ma = represents ethics and purifies jealousy
· Ni = represents patience and purifies want or desire
· Pad = represents diligence and purifies ignorance and judgment
· Me = represents concentration and purifies attachment
· Hum = the unity of all; represents wisdom and purifies hatred
Here are many reasons why yogis choose to chant this powerful mantra, but here are a few main benefits:
· It clears the mind, allowing you to detach from the ego
· The words help release karmas that may be holding you back
· These words can send out a message about the kind of life you wish to manifest
· It empties the body of everything but an awareness of the inside
Disclosure: Mindful walks are taken at the discretion of the user. If you have any physical, mental or emotional health limitations, consult your physician before engaging in this activity.
Decosta, M. (n.d.). Om Mani Padme Hum: The Meaning Behind the Popular Mantra. Yogiapproved.Com. Retrieved October 10, 2020, from https://www.yogiapproved.com/om/om-mani-padme-hum/
Madson, T., & Hoopes, N. (2017). BE Inspired: 200 Inspirational Quotes (BE Series) (Stk Har/Cred.). Familius.